FacilitiesLidingö has many sports facilities:
- Lidingövallen is the city´s main arena, with artificial grass, a track- and -field area, and a gym.
- Gångsätra Hall has an indoor pool, a sports hall, an exercise centre, and a gym.
- Bosön has a multi-sports hall, a pool, a gym, a sports hall, a martial-arts hall, and an indoor track.
- Bodal and Kyrkviken both have tennis halls.
- The Danske Bank hall and Danske Invest hall have rinks for ice hockey and figure skating.
- Bodal also has a bowling alley, Lidingö Superbowl.
Trails and pathsLidingö has a number of different trails and paths, making it easy to get exercise and spend time in the good outdoors.
- Bike paths (click for a map of bike paths)
- Mountain bike trails
- Health trails
- Jogging trails
- Lidingölopp trails
- Horse trails
- Nordic-pole walking trails
- Ski trails
LidingöloppetLidingöloppet is the world´s largest cross-country race. In addition to the 15-kilometre and 30-kilometre variants, there is also Knatteloppet and Lilla Lidingöloppet for kids and youth. Tjejloppet is a 10-kilometre race for women of all ages,and Lidingöruset is for people with disabilities. There is also a relay race and organized Nordic-pole walking.
SkiingWhen weather allows, there are a number of trails for skiing. For maps and information about the trails, visit www.skidspar.se (only in Swedish).
SkatingIf you are interested in skating, there are a few rinks you can go to.
- Grönstaviken is ploughed by Friluftsfrämjandet. For more information, contact them at 08-767 39 07 or visit their website.
- Kottla Lake is popular among nature-lovers.
- By Kyrkviken, water is poured onto the lawn, making an ice rink.
- Isbiten is an artificially frozen skating rink by Sticklinge School.
Culture and Recreation Department Tel: 08-731 30 00E-mail: kultur.fritid
Lidingö stad, Stockholmsvägen 50, 181 82 Lidingö, Tel+46 8 731 30 00, Fax + 46 8 731 46 82
E-mail: email@example.com, Organizational number: 212000-0191, Web editor: