Vision and strategic objectives provide direction
In order to provide a clear framework for long-term decision-making, the city council adopted a vision and five strategic objectives for the City of Lidingö in June 2009.
Vision for Lidingö - the Healthy Island
- In Lidingö people are provided with the conditions necessary for good health.
- Lidingö offers a creative environment for people and businesses.
- Lidingö is part of the Stockholm region and manages to maintain the right balance between development and the environment.
- Lidingö hosts the best schools in Sweden.
- In Lidingö, one feels secure in all stages of life.
- Lidingö residents experience the greatest possible freedom of choice.
- The services the City offers are characterised by a strong customer focus and are based on the needs and wishes of the residents of Lidingö.
- The City of Lidingö has the smallest possible impact on the environment, and provides the residents of Lidingö with the means to make choices that are good for the environment.
- The City of Lidingö is committed to continuous renewal in order to maximise benefits for the residents of Lidingö.
- The City of Lidingö uses tax-payer's money effectively and economically.
- The City of Lidingö has healthy finances, based on a low rate of municipal tax. The City aims to record a financial surplus amounting to one percent of costs.
Lidingö stad, Stockholmsvägen 50, 181 82 Lidingö, Tel+46 8 731 30 00, Fax + 46 8 731 46 82
E-mail: email@example.com, Organizational number: 212000-0191, Web editor: